- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 finely diced shallots
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 pounds of sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat. Brown the steak cubes on all sides and remove with slotted spoon. Set aside. In the same pan cook the shallots and mushrooms gently until they become translucent. Deglaze the pan with the wine and add the stock and fresh thyme. Allow to reduce by two-thirds.
Whisk in butter to sauce finish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Return steak cubes to pan continue cooking on low heat for about 8 minutes depending how you like your steak cooked. Garnish with fresh parsley.